The Homelessness Partnering (HP) Secretariat is pleased to announce that a contract is in place with Computers for Schools (CFS) for the deployment of refurbished computers to organizations that provide emergency sheltering services to the homeless population.
Computers for Schools (CFS) is a national, federal government-led initiative that operates in cooperation with all provinces and territories, the private and the volunteer sectors. CFS collects, repairs and refurbishes donated surplus computers from government and private sector sources and distributes them to schools, public libraries and not-for-profit organizations throughout Canada.
Available refurbished computers will be no more than 3 years old and equipped with the following:
* Processor : Core Duo
* Operating System: Windows 7
* Memory 4 GB or more
* Storage: 80 GB or more
HP Secretariat will oversee the allocation of equipment on a first come, first serve basis and priority will be given to emergency shelters implementing HIFIS.
Steps to request equipment:
1) Complete and sign the attached ‘Request for Computer Equipment’ form.
* When submitting this form, please ensure you provide a list of locations where the computers will be deployed in the box provided (if there is not enough space, please list on a separate page)
* The requester’s signature is required where indicated
2) Return the completed “Request for Computer Equipment” form to the HP Secretariat for processing. Forward to the attention of Carolyne Guilbert.
* By fax to 819-994-4211
3) Organizations will be contacted by the HP Secretariat once their request has been approved and forwarded to Industry Canada for processing.
We encourage submission of applications as soon as possible. Deadline for requests to be submitted is no later than March 5th, 2014.
PLEASE FORWARD THIS MESSAGE TO EMERGENCY SHELTERING AGENCIES IN YOUR COMMUNITIES. THANK YOU.